Passive Harmonic Filters
- Helps meet IEEE-519 requirements
- Gurantees THDi performance of 8% Max at 50% load, 5% Max at full load
- Meets the voltage and current distortion limits of IEEE-519
- Saves energy by eliminating the wasted energy associated with harmonics, therefore reducing the true RMS KVA demanded from your power source.
- Suitable for speed controllers or inverters
- Reduces energy costs
- Increases equipment reliability by absorbing transients and voltage surges
- Increases equipments life by reducing heat associated with harmonic currents
- Improves power factor
- Reduces THD-V to meet power quality standards.
Most of the mentioned filtering techniques have common drawback of higher cost compared to Passive Filtering techniques. Consequently, the harmonic filtering techniques to a large extent are still the most commonly used techniques for current harmonics mitigation of 6-pulse front-end diode rectifier application.
We have developed an efficient Passive Filter, which can suit many such similar loads. Since all filter components are passive they are rugged, maintenance free, reliable and low cost. Moreover, the filter implementation procedure is relatively easy.
With simple structure, our Passive Filters have been extensively used for VFD harmonic mitigation. No involvement of electronic circuits, hardware and complicated control algorithms. Hence, our Passive Harmonic Filters are relatively inexpensive means for eliminating current harmonics distortion and improving the system power factor. Because of these two in one improvement our broad band filters usually have edge over the other effective filtering methods.
|Technology||Pasive Broad Resonant|
|Output Load Type||6 Pulse Variable Rectified|
|Supply Voltage||415V AC ± 10%, 3 Phase|
|Frequency||50Hz ± 1Hz|
|I/P Voltage Unbalance||1% Max|
|Max Source Impedance||6%|
|Min Source Impedance||1.5%|
|Operating Ambient Temperature||-20 C to +50 C|
|Overload||150% for 1 minute duration with 10% Output voltage reduction of nominal voltage|
|Total Current Harmonic distortion @ THD-V <3%||<9% at 30% Load
<8% at 50-60% Load
<8% at 60-90% Load
<5% at 90-100% Load