Tuned Harmonic Filteration
In addition to P.F Correction if Harmonic reduction is required then Tuned System is most viable option. In this system Capacitor – Reactor combination so designed so as to offer low impedance path for 5th, 7th, 11th or 13th harmonic.
Tuned Harmonic Filtration System
- We design Automatic Tuned Harmonic Filtration System for absorbing dominant harmonics like 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 11th & 13th from the network.
- Advantages of Tuned Systems is that it offers Reactive Power Compensation along with mitigating dominant harmonics.
- Reduce THD-I & THD-V to desirable level
- Give safety to capacitor banks and network devices against dangerous resonance phenomena
- Economical solution for harmonic mitigation with long operational life
- Reduce network losses and saving in specific energy consumption
- Much lower losses than other harmonic filtration techniques
- Generally designed in ACTIVECOMP Configuration-Switching through HD Thyristor Switches
Advantages of Tuned APFC System
- Can be used in conjunction with other filtering technologies.
- Properly designed system can reduce THD-I and V by 60% to 75%
- Provides power factor correction along with Harmonic reduction
- Avoid dangerous resonance condition
- A single filter can compensate for multiple harmonic generating loads.
- Can be designed for automatic system or fixed type for a particular load.
- Long operational life with very low losses typically 1/3rd in comparison to pure Active solution
- Can be also designed in Hybrid configuration – Passive banks with modular Active.
- Very reliable and long operation life